Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Art of Religion

Although I was born into Catholicism, as an adult I chose to be a Christian. While I was in college I took a Religious Studies course and learned about all religions. I wanted to give myself a better understanding so that I could make an informed decision on what would be best for me. A college friend of mine was Muslim and invited me to a Mosque. Out of respect I was covered from head to toe. I remember the women and children were upstairs listening to the message over an intercom while the men were on the first floor. It was interesting to experience however I did not feel it was me. In my admiration for Arabic script I eventually got a tattoo that states "With God everything is possible" - Matthew 19:26.

                                                     www.regalsovereignjewelry.com
                                                       www.regalsovereign.etsy.com



I grew to be the woman that I am today upon gaining my connection to God when I began to study the word and attend Baptist church. There is much respect in me for other religions and dominations as I do have somewhat of a grasp on the subject. You actually can pull commonalities from each. I like to include some of the various religions symbolisms in my designs. As you see pictured, the Like a Prayer piece is in lieu of a Rosary.





Another that I have included in my designs is the Om symbol which is a sacred syllable for Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism.






                                                     www.regalsovereignjewelry.com
                                                       www.regalsovereign.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment