Friday, March 25, 2011

The Art of an Open-See



Today Henri Bendel's held an Open-See call from 9AM-12PM for designers to share their precious works in hopes of getting a big break into the fashion industry. I of course attended and waited in line like everyone else as if we were auditioning for American Idol. I awoken from my slumber at 4AM and arrived at Bendel's by 6:30AM where there was a line of approximately 50 people waiting to meet the Buyers. Not too bad of a place in line however, the waiting in the cold for 3 hours was brutal. That's what I get for trying to be cute in my tights and shorts.

All of us hopefuls had our luggage filled with our collections of either Jewelry, handbags, accessories, fragrances and even cookies. I meet a few cool individuals and we were able to practice our pitch to one another. There was a lot that I learned from this experience that has prepared me and I am grateful for this day.







                                                     www.regalsovereignjewelry.com
                                                      www.regalsovereign.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment