Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Art of the Storm

Today was not the best day for me. I had zero sales today which means no money made for the hours I put in when I started the day off with nearly $3,000 in returns. This is why I despise retail...returns do count against our productivity for the week mind you. I had no idea it was going to rain today so I did not bring an umbrella. What do you know, it rained and I had an appointment to get my hair cut. As I was not wearing proper shoes they got soaked and my feet were cold. While I was at the salon I got an email from the owner of a boutique that was interested in seeing my jewelry with the possibility of selling my line stating they were happy that I shared my collection with them but did not find a place for it in their store right now. What a bummer. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. On my way home the trains were delayed I was hungry and just could not wait to get in my comfort zone. On my way home I looked up and there was one simple word that made me snap out of my funky rut....Pray. It's just that simple. Someone had wrote pray on one of the signs on the train and I see it as a message from God telling me what I really need to do on days like this to remain calm, patient and faithful literally in the mist of the storm.

1 comment: