Saturday, July 24, 2010

The art of doing it yourself

www.regalsovereignjewelry.com
www.regalsovereign.etsy.com

I love to shop but sometimes I find it hard to purchase something when I know I can make it myself at a lesser cost. My boyfriend calls me cheap but so what. :-P I'm not ashamed to admit that I am frugal with my money; it goes hand in hand since I am crafty I don't mind taking time to do it myself. I saw this cute vintage inspired twistable headband at American Apparel. It came in solid colors as well as some cute vintage patterns for a retail price of $14.

Like I said...I couldn't bring myself to spend $14 on a headband when I know darn well I can make it. I went ahead that very day to get a spool of 18 gauge wire for $3.25 as I already have scraps of fabric at home, a sewing machine and wire cutter.

If you don't have a sewing machine at home a needle and thread will do. The sewing machine my grandma gave me sure comes in handy! Voila! Low and behold my very own twistable vintage inspired headband for only $3.25 and I have extra wire left to make more.




Doing it yourself sure can save you in the long run!


No comments:

Post a Comment