Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Art of a Thriller Halloween

I just love Halloween! So my post is late but I'm busy working full-time, working on my new jewelry collection as well as being the best mom, partner & friend I can be. I have been wanting to do this couples costume idea for 3 years but my man wasn't down to do it. Boo to him! Good thing I have another man that will do it; although unwillingly...my son.;-) I know Halloween is for the kids, so not to take away from what my son wanted to be I asked that we compromise so Mommy could just check this costume idea off her list. Fair enough?
                                                      www.regalsovereignjewelry.com
                                                         www.regalsovereign.etsy.com
This was a DIY project as blue leopard print (when in need) seems more difficult to come by. I lucked up and found some inexpensive leggings on ebay as I had exhausted my search online and in thrift stores deciding to order two pairs of the leggings to use one to attach on my jean jacket.
Simply applying glue and safety pins because I was too lazy to break out the sewing machine.
                                              VOILA! OLA RAY of THRILLER is reborn!
My son, like every other boy in the world wanted to be a superhero "Superman" and I told him that was boring everyone is superman you have to be Michael Jackson. Was I wrong for saying that? LOL I figured if I show him the thriller video I think he could get into this Thriller themed Halloween with me. Well, he got into it enough to only do the dance but as you can see from the pictures he wasn't feeling the costume so much.
                                                         A much happier Clark Kent. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Raina!

    I just read your article on your recreation of the Ola Ray Thriller Costume and I must admit that you look so beautiful, elegant, and sexy in it! ;)

    How long did it take you to complete the costume?

    Best regards,

    Julian

    P.S. Personally, I think you should have played Michael Jackson's girlfriend in the Thriller music video! :)

    ReplyDelete